This post will be a little of everything.
I bought some Mushroom coffee. I've been thinking about it, but how to decide with all the noise on the internet? I finally bought one at a Marshalls store. The reviews said the taste was good and not "mushroomy". It's ok, probably not something I will buy often, or even again. One thing I found out, don't drink a cup in the evening. I think I slept 2 hours last night. In fact, I just woke up from a nap about an hour ago, because my Fitbit alerted me that its battery was low.
The storms were bad in Appleton and Menasha, especially Menasha. A tornado formed a little south from where we used to shop when we lived in Greenville. From there it picked up speed and size. It swelled to over a mile wide F-3 terror that was on the ground for 12.1 miles. It plowed through Menasha and injured 63 people. Thankfully no one died. Downed trees and power lines paralyzed the area. Roofs were blown off and wrapped around overturned cars. Some older homes that weren't bolted to their foundation slid off their foundations and are total losses. People are still displaced there. Some company from Nebraska brought portable showers. People and organizations have been bringing food and water and donations. Someone organized help with washing people's laundry. Others are helping find people's animals. All the while the massive cleanup and reconnection of utilities continues.
The number of tornados in the formerly relatively safe upper Midwest is alarming.
I have a chipped tooth, upper front. I have a dental appointment on Friday. Hubby is off, so I can have the car. Nothing hurts, and it's the edge, so I hope no shots!!!! I HATE Novocain shots.
Maybe you know we go somewhere every weekend. One day is to shop and the other is to just go somewhere, explore, and take a walk if the weather is good. We have been disappointed to find the South Woods here in Ripon are overgrown. No one is walking out in the fields behind the college this year, either. Maybe it's just been too hot. We can usually find some place within an hour or two away that looks interesting. We have found several beautiful, well maintained places to walk near Madison and also near Green Bay. Two completely different directions.
Glacial Drumlin State Trail in Cottage Grove, WI
It smelled so sweet there
Rainbow in the clouds (this was on the way home, in Beaver Dam)
Baraboo downtown
Baraboo
Baraboo
Baraboo
Wayside stop in the Driftless Area
Driftless Area
Driftless
Fonferek's Glen near Green Bay
We were walking on the Niagara Escarpment
There is no improvement in the purple orchid.















No comments:
Post a Comment