Some members in the orchid group on Facebook recommended liquid kelp to help my failing orchid. Here are some pictures to take you through the journey so far.
First, here she is in her former glory, in case you needed to see why I want to save her.
It was some time after this I discovered root rot. Notice the severely wrinkled leaves and root loss.
Here are two root close-ups from June
I tried laying it on moist Sphagnum moss but it only developed mold, so I had to remove the black parts. I also removed the bottom leaf. Notice how the roots look petrified. They would not green up at all, even soaking in water.
I reported back to the orchid group that nothing was happening. A couple members recommended Liquid Kelp, so I ordered some.
Here are the results after only a day!
LOOK!!!! Green roots!!!!!!
Liquid Kelp is orchid crack.
I will update again after something changes, hopefully growth!








1 comment:
Oh Wow!!! I hope it blooms true for you again once you have it stabilized. It's really lovely :-)
Post a Comment