Friday, August 14, 2026

I Feel Better

 I clearly was very upset yesterday. I talked to my daughter today. She says they are fine. It takes a long time to go anywhere because so many stoplights are still out. Some of my friends got their power restored. My daughter worked at the main branch in Gary today, all run by generators. She said there were only 4 customers. Her hubby is still home, no power at his work. His son is at college downstate and he is ok, not affected by the flooding.

I am still going through my stuff in the spare bedroom. I need to get rid of a lot of stuff and re-pack what I'm keeping.

I found a picture I did in high school. It's a print from a wood block I carved. I don't have the wood block anymore. I think it got damaged in storage or something. I'm going to give it to my daughter.


I've been looking at the floor plans of that company who is building the new apartments. They have so many different designs it's difficult to figure out what they will be offering. I am concerned that there will not be a good choice available for us. We are hoping for an east facing balcony, so we can see the sunrise, but it seems the layout of the buildings won't work, at least by their preliminary plans. I'm trying not to loose hope. Here are some of their plans 


Also, they are facing the other buildings. Sorry my handwriting is so squiggly. It's hard to write on my phone. I guess I could have used "text".

As far as I can tell, there are four 3 bedroom apartments on each end with one or two bedroom apartments crammed in the middle. Not sure about that. What we know for sure is we do not want to sit out on a patio or balcony in full view of everyone else.


I think the three low buildings are condo style. The are one level with an attached garage facing the street. The back side has patio for each residence. The two building with the ends facing east and west appear to be three bedroom apartments on the ends, as far as I can tell. The ones on the east end will be the only ones with a sunrise view. Since those will be for families, I imagine the grassy area will be a playground. The building circled in blue will have east facing balconies but the view might be blocked by the other apartments. I was hoping to have a set up like we had in Hartford, but I don't think it will happen. I will forever miss my view.

I want to end on a good note. The weather cooled off and the humidity lowered enough I was able to turn off the air conditioner and open windows! Yay!

No comments: