Tuesday, August 25, 2026

Doctor Visit

 It went well. We talked about what happened. She was concerned, why did my numbers go off all of a sudden.

Me: It was the keto bread. It's made with wheat flour but is supposed to have zero carbs."

Doctor: "So you read the label. You know keto bread must be made with almond flour."

She seemed amused as I fessed up to being a carboholic. I promised to do better, and to continue taking the statin.

I also asked about the Calcium I'm taking. I took out the bottle of K2 I bought and she said, "I take that. It directs the calcium into the bones so it's not flooding the blood stream."


I was very happy to hear that my doctor understands those things. Many still do not.

I have labs ordered for a recheck. I will continue with the statin because apparently I made a big mistake and I need to fix it. 

It's really a pretty good hospital and clinic for a small town. The clinic is on the second floor of the hospital. They have a lab and an imagining department. I got my mammogram there earlier this month.

No comments: