Saturday, January 20, 2018

Update

My hubby's mom needed additional surgery to have pins set in her ankle. She is recovering. Hopefully she will be home soon. It has been hard on my husband and his dad. They take turns spending the night at the hospital. Sometimes there is a shortage of staff and my hubby and his dad do the jobs of nurses' aids. When mom is back home, a nurse and a therapist have been employed to visit.

I have been busy packing. Tomorrow I am showing the apartment to a potential renter. The property manager will be here as well. The property manager and his wife told me that they will be moving into this apartment for one week while they renovate the apartment they are in now, across the hall. Then they will move back into their apartment, and shampoo the carpet here so it will be ready for new tenants. The nice thing is we don't need to shampoo the carpet, because shampooing twice in a week's time would not be good. I am cleaning as I pack, so I won't have so much to do when we move out.

I am working on eating better, cutting sugar and lowering fats. I seem, as usual, to be an exception to the rule when it comes to diets. The Paleo diet makes me cringe. All that fat that is supposed to be good? Oh hell no! I get the Worst. Heartburn. Ever. It seems I have become more and more sensitive to any kind of fat or oil. I suppose I need to bring it up to my doctor, especially since it seems my digestive issues are getting worse. I'm also cutting waaay back on coffee, and trying to eat so that I don't need to take any kind of antacid.

So today I made soup. I cooked a chicken leg for a long time to make a nice broth. Then I threw out the leg. Yes I did. I hate dark meat, Yuck! I initially wanted to use a chicken breast but it had a slight strong odor. I won't eat questionable food. (I bought some deli chicken tenders at Walmart to replace the protein I was missing). I added chopped onion, celery, carrots and one small potato and simmered till done. Then I let it cool and I ran it through the blender till everything was chopped really fine. At that point I added salt to taste, some dill and a small amount of cream. It was good, and I made sure to only eat a small amount. I'm trying to loose weight. I have gained 5 pounds since going on Glipizide. I don't feel well at 160, and most of the weight is in my stomach. I use the app "MyFitnessPal" to keep track of the foods I eat.

I did have good news from my endo doc (endocrinologist, or hormone doc). The results of my latest test are normal. I see him again in December.

My mood seems to be better. Forcing myself to pack and clean has helped me break out of my depression. I made a personal resolution to learn to live again and not be so sad. My husband and my other daughter need me.

No comments: