Wednesday, November 7, 2018

It's November, I Better Write!

Last month my hubby took three days off, well, no, let me rephrase that. He just worked his regular days and didn't sign any overtime so we could drive down to Indiana to visit my daughter and her hubby, and to see their house, and bring them a microwave since their old one went kaput. They will have all new appliances in their new house, but that could be a couple months away. Since we had one in the garage that we don't use we decided to bring it down.

I'm happy we got to visit. With all the work on the house (my daughter and her hubby are doing all the little stuff) they haven't had time to visit. My daughter's hubby is an engineer, and he and my daughter wanted a custom house. They worked with an architect so all their designs are up to code. Some of the features are; Wisconsin stone exterior on two sides (not the thin fake stuff, real stone blocks) and nine (9) foot ceilings in the basement. The basement also has a side room under the back porch where they can store canned goods and also hide in if there is a tornado. Another feature in the basement is an escape window (in case of fire). Because of that feature they can build a livable area down there.

On the main floor there are 3 bedrooms. The kid's bedrooms are on the south side of the house. There is a bathroom in between. The living room and kitchen are open concept divided by a see-through real fireplace. Moving on toward the north side of the house, there is an office, the master bedroom and a master bathroom that will have a walk-in European style shower, a whirlpool tub. The garage is attached. There is also a combination laundry room and mud room.

The stone mason and his helper were working while we were there. We also met the general contractor.

My hubby's parents got their visitor visas. The visas are good for 3 years. We expect them to visit next spring. Our second bedroom will become the guest room for the duration of their stay.

I have begun painting on rocks. It's something my Grandpa started doing in the 1950's. I'm still working on developing my own style.

In other news, my blood sugar has been higher than in should. I see my doctor the end of this month. I also have a diabetic eye exam scheduled.

I'm still working on being happy. Some days it is more of a struggle, other days are easier. My hubby tries his best to keep me occupied on his days off. I am very proud of him. He just quit smoking. It's been very hard for him as he smoked a long time. He is also not using any gum or patch because he wants to pass his lab test. Doing so will lower his weekly premium.

Well, that's about it for now.

No comments: