Monday, April 30, 2018

The New Place

We completed our move on the 6th. The morning started out sunny but with a biting cold wind. By the time we were done, snow was swirling and the weather had deteriorated into icy rain and snow. We went back to the old apartment to clean but couldn't finish, so we went back on Saturday. It was not easy but we did it.

The new apartment is spacious, and all new. I have 2 sunny windows for my plants, all new electric appliances and a great view. I'm really blessed with the view. It is helping to heal my heart from the loss of the family cottage all those years ago, and is providing a distraction from the loss of my daughter. My blood sugar has improved. I'm walking on average a mile and more just walking back and forth in the apartment, and that's when I remember to carry my phone to record my steps.

The main issue now is getting settled in. In our former apartment there was no room for my hubby to have a computer desk, so he is still using the kitchen table, which means there is nothing but a storage bin under the chandelier where the table should be. We sold our glass coffee table and end tables. We were tired of bumping into the corners. So now, until we find new tables, we have a bin in the middle of the living room floor. Honestly we didn't want to buy all new stuff because, well have you seen the prices? It's just going to take some time, and a friend with a truck. Also, since the old apartment was very small we never completely unpacked. Now I have a second bedroom but other than the closet and one shelf, no place to put stuff. It's a work in progress.

Here are some various pictures I've taken before and after we moved.

Before the appliances:

Master bedroom with bathroom and walk-in closet

Dryer in unit 

Washer and water heater in unit 

Kitchen 

Patio 

Drinking tea on the patio

We had a lot of cold and snow in April 

I love the view

Tree line between farm fields, view to the south

Goose flying by. We also have Sandhill Cranes, and we have seen wild turkeys and deer in the distance

This is actually a breakfast nook but I get to use it for my plants, and the chest freezer

I can relax and look out at this

Yesterday I was putting in screens. The maintenance man was going to do it but hubby was asleep, so I told him I would. Here is the master bedroom, with awesome view

The rocky area adjacent to the patio. They said we can set flower pots on the rocks. The grass is just beginning to grow where all the straw is

The weather is looking like it will stay warm now. Maybe we can get some flowers soon :)

No comments: