Wednesday, September 27, 2017

A Few Updates

I've been spending most of my time on Facebook. I guess the one thing I like about a blog is that I can actually go back and find the posts, whereas things tend to "disappear" over time on Facebook.. Today I will give you some updates.

I got my new Lithops in the mail. They came bare root. They also came with names! Left to right: Lithops Lesliei Albinicia, Lithops fulviceps aurea, and Lithops julii fulleri


Here they are potted up.

Lithops fulviceps aurea and Lithops Lesliei Albinicia

 Lithops julii fulleri

I also found the names of my other Lithops. The reddish brown ones are Lithops bromfieldii and the gray-green one to the far right is Lithops salicola.

So now onto other news. I have been giving away my duplicates in anticipation of winter. I have made three new collectors happy with a modest gift to each. My winter plans were the same as last year, the inside plants stay inside and the outside plants go into the basement. However, this might need to change.

My hubby has been job searching for some time because the company he works for pays low. The problem is Hartford is a metal fabricating town, and my hubby has no experience with metals, or machine shops. The other problem is companies are not willing to train. He could have picked up one of two other types of work, but neither offered benefits nor enough overtime to compensate for the only slightly higher wages with no benefits.

As it turned out, one of my hubby's friends from work found a job in another town, about an hour away, with good pay, benefits and overtime, and they guy is still hiring. The boss offered to let my hubby work for him on his days off from his current job, to make sure he likes it. If all goes well, then I think we will be moving to Watertown. 

Watertown is bigger than Hartford, about the same as West Bend. I'm not attached to Hartford, but I'm settled. I have a decent neighbor and some plants in pots outside which I was planning to winter over in the well-lit basement. We were planning to stay here until next year and then buy a condo in Hartford. With the new, pending plans, I probably won't have a place to overwinter the outside plants, meaning I will need to AGAIN leave collections behind, or re-home them. 

I have been looking at apartments online. Ixonia (where the job is located) has three complexes with no vacancies. Of course, that could change. Two of them look nice, but when there are no vacancies, there are often no prices posted. Watertown is eight miles west and has quite a few apartments and a portion of them look nice, but very few have patios or balconies. 

So, I guess the best thing to do is try not to get stressed and start packing. Besides, how could I miss out living in a place named Watertown (even though there are a dozen Watertowns in the US), or even Ixonia.



Bruce Hornsby, The Range ~ "Every Little Kiss" 

"Way out here, working on the docks
Everyone sees the long day through
Well, what would I do without the nights and the phone
And the chance just to talk to you

Whoa, what would I do now
Hey, just to talk to you
A thousand miles away, hey hey

What I wouldn't give for only one night
A little relief in sight
Someday when times weren't so tight

When the day goes down on water town
When the sun sinks low all around
That's when I know I, I need you now
Yes, you're what I miss, every little kiss
Every little one, every little one

Everybody here's a number, not a name
But I guess it's all right with me
As I sit alone, after a long day
In the absence of company

Whoa, I let my mind wander
A thousand miles away hey hey

What I wouldn't give for only one night
A little relief in sight
Someday when times weren't so tight

When the day goes down on water town
When the sun sinks low all around
That's when I know I, I need you now
Yes, you're what I miss, every little kiss
Every little one, every little one

What I wouldn't give for only one night
A little relief in sight
Someday when times weren't so tight
When the day goes down on water town
When the sun sinks low all around
That's when I know I, I need you now
Yes you're what I miss, every little kiss
Every little one, every little one

What I wouldn't give for only one night
A little relief in sight
Someday when times weren't so tight

When the day goes down on water town
When the sun sinks low all around
That's when I know I, I need you now
Yes, you're what I miss, every little kiss
Every little one, every little one."

No comments: