Saturday, February 4, 2017

Catching Up

We finally had a sunny day, and some partly sunny ones as well. I also got a new phone, a Samsung Galaxy S7. I wanted a great camera, and my hubby already bought an iPhone 7 Plus. His phone is a little too large and heavy for me.

Here we are flying down country roads (hubby was driving). The road was bumpy and I could not keep the phone still at all. I set it to 16:9 (3.7 MB) 2560x1440 pixels because I figured the camera would be even faster at the lower resolution. I was right. And I am more than impressed by the low-light captures I grabbed on the way home. You can see in the bottom photo there is some blurring on the outer edges. After all, it was getting dark and hubby drives fast. Still, they are far better pictures than I can get with my 12.1 megapixel Canon PowerShot.




My hubby's work has been crazy slow, no overtime at all, which means he works 3 days one week and 4 days the next (12 hour shifts). We have been enjoying the extra time together. Today we went for coffee in Oconomowoc.


We like to sit upstairs. Today was kind of busy up there. We should have sat downstairs, it would have been quieter.

We've been watching more movies together. Last night we binge-watched David Attenborough narrate various African deserts. Today we watched the first episode of The Pyramid Code. It was very enjoyable. I keep an open mind, neither totally accepting nor rejecting all the exciting theories.

I do have sad news. My daughter in Indiana told me her hubby's nephew in Spokane died in an accident. He was driving too fast for the snowy conditions and plowed into a semi. He was only 20.

In other news, not sad, but frustrating, my younger daughter's phone has gone black screen. No amount of fixes have helped so far.

I guess that's about it for today. I'm still doing surveys. We are all waiting for spring.

1 comment:

A :-) said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. :-(