Thursday, November 10, 2016

Day 10: My Head Hurts

Well, not literally, but so much has happened it's mind-boggling. I don't have TV, so I rely on facebook for news. I don't know if that's good or bad. There are riots, there are cases of people being bullied, and opinions about everything are all over the place.

So, I'm taking a break. No comments today.

In other news, my daughter and I had an "Apple Tasting Party" last night. I cooked tacos (my hubby doesn't like tacos, and he was at work) and my daughter brought 8 apples. I cut two slices of each on a paper plate on which my daughter wrote their names.

I discovered I am terrible at evaluating apples. "They taste like apples." Some were stronger, some were more tart. I was too tired to take good notes. I didn't sleep much on election night.


We both agreed the Red Delicious was the best

In other news, there are succulents planted OUTSIDE at the library, and one of them is the one I named "Bumpy" and left behind in California.

Firesticks (a type of euphorbia)

"Bumpy" (Lampranthus deltoides)

Out the front window is fall's last hoorah, the last tree to turn color.


That's all for today.

No comments: