Thursday, June 9, 2016

Today

I took a shower with my brace off AND washed my hair all by myself!!!

I do have to say that today is a vast improvement over yesterday. I had no appetite and my tummy hurt. I had a low-grade fever and I was achy. It seemed to pass without incident. I'm relieved to be eating better today. My appetite has been mostly off since the surgery. Between the mini-stroke-or-whatever and the surgery, I spent a total of three weeks in the hospital. Three weeks of mundane hospital food, greatly suppressed by my "no soy" requirements, which was difficult to sort out with the Food Police Computer in the kitchen because I'm not bothered by cooking spray but I am bothered by soy protein. Oh, and don't forget the mega dose of Cipro to knock out the bladder infection I had. I've drank so many bottles of probiotic yogurt I'm sick of it.

You would think after all that I would have hit the ground running as soon as I got home, but no, not so much. I have a hard time wanting to eat meat. This morning I cooked some Albanian sausage with a scrambled egg. It was good. I ate it. I have a love-hate relationship with eggs. I love them as long as they don't taste like eggs.

Tonight I'm going to try home-made pizza, with turkey pepperoni and lots of veggies. Junk food, maybe, but I need to do something to get my appetite going.

2 comments:

A :-) said...

Glad you're starting to feel better. Eat whatever you usually like, and whatever you want. Your appetite will be back - your system might still probably be flushing anesthesia out. Hang in!

candy said...

Thanks!