Saturday, April 23, 2016

Sunny and Warm

It was a nice day for a walk, but I'm pretty sure we did too much and hubby will be tired at work. I took some pictures and then left my camera in the car, so I'll get the pictures tomorrow after hubby gets home.

I continue to struggle with my blood sugar. I joined a forum on the American Diabetes Association's website. I'm getting some helpful advice. This is truly not easy, and for anyone who has needed to struggle with major diet changes, my heart goes out to them.

It's not enough to cut out sugar, I also need to reduce carbs, but not completely. Apparently I need to count carbs in a glass of milk, in a hand full of pretzels, in a prune, you name it. Unless it is fat, meat or veggie, it has carbs. That is enough to make a carb-lover like me weep. I tried eating no carbs, a chicken breast baked with bell pepper and onion. I felt like I was starving. I finally broke down and ate some cereal, mind you it was 1/4 cup of unsweetened shredded wheat with Splenda and a little milk, but I felt full enough to sleep after that. Recommendation from the forum....add no more than 20 grams of carbs at each meal and test to see how I do.

My doc added a low-dose statin to my list of meds. When I complained about having pain in the past with statins, she said I could cut the pill in half and add Co Q10 to my list of vitamins. I bought Qunol Ultra Co Q10 because it's supposed to be better. So far, so good.

2 comments:

A :-) said...

I'm so sorry you're having to deal with this. I truly feel your pain with the struggle and challenge of having to watch and track every bite of food even though I have to do it for different reasons. I know you'll get in a rhythm soon and hopefully things will calm back down for you.

candy said...

Thanks. I was thinking about you.