Tuesday, April 3, 2018

Crazy Weather

Half the nation is suffering through a long, drawn out spell of winter. In fact it's snowing right now. Areas north of me could get up to 11 inches! In April. We could get around 3 inches or so. We will have a break in the weather on Friday, which is great, because that is the day we get the keys to our apartment. There is a small chance we could get the keys on Thursday, if it's cleaned by then. We hope so, because I could get my plants and a lot of smaller boxes moved over and out of the way.

This morning's weather was gloomy with a misty rain. We had a 9 am appointment to sign the lease. A pair of Sandhill Cranes were trumpeting in the field. Red-winged Blackbirds were calling. The misty weather lent a mood to the fields and distant hills. I felt like I was at the cottage. It was amazing! Anyone who knows me well enough knows how much I hate looking at the clouds through power lines, or missing sunsets for lack of windows with a view. They might know I feel boxed in and claustrophobic when surrounded by too many buildings, too much noise and too much city. They might have heard my sob story about having to sell the cottage. I feel like this place is a dream come true.

We looked over the lease and asked plenty of questions. Yes, we can put up a Shepard's hook and a bird feeder. We can place flower pots on the gravel area, meaning I can finally grow some sun-loving flowers again. It already feels like home and we haven't even moved in. We get 2 months rent-free and a $250 gift card.

The next time I write will probably be after the 6th. Catch you on the flip side!


No comments: