Saturday, February 10, 2018

Home Soon

My hubby will be home late on the 17th. We miss each other, a lot. He has done double duty caring for his mom, and has ensured someone will be there to help after he leaves. His mom still needs a lot of help as she still cannot put any weight on the ankle that was cracked. In 3 weeks the cast will come off and hopefully, gradually, she will begin to walk. We all know it will be painful for some time.

Speaking of pain, a week ago or so I became inspired to start exercising. It's been a long time. The way I exercise would be described as some sort of combination of repetitive movements and interpretive dance. I just make it up as I go, to music I like. My first go at it sounded like a fifth grader cracking their knuckles, only it was every joint in my body. Honestly, I've been frozen in grief for a long time. I had to get moving. My left shoulder was hurting and loosing mobility. I've got it unstuck now.

I gave up butter, again. I gave it up years ago when it caused pain. I was told I had an inflamed gall bladder. I stopped eating butter and the pain went away. For some reason I thought I could start eating butter again, with disastrous heartburn. I'm on PPI meds for 90 days.

In a previous post I mentioned I needed an estrogen cream. Not going to happen. My insurance won't pay for it. I read that coconut oil is soothing. Will give it a go.

I've been trying really hard to stay within my calorie allotment. I use MyFitnessPal on my phone to track my food. It works well. The belly must go. It's not good for my health. I'm diabetic, and bellies don't bode well for diabetics.

I think I have lost a couple pounds. I see my doc again the end of this month, and I will have an accurate measure. I'm going to talk to her about my digestion, and why I'm having a difficult time with it. Maybe I need digestive enzymes. Or she will order some tests. We will get to the bottom of this.

Yesterday I ate an avocado, the first one I've had in maybe a year or more. Since avocado usually make my mouth itch, I made guacamole out of it, and ate it with some crackers, since I didn't have chips on hand. I did that at 6 pm. I was still burping avocado at 2 am, however I finally felt like I was able to sleep by about 2:30. About a week ago I made sour kraut and onions with a hot dog. That also sat on my stomach half the night. I've been eating early but some things seem to sit.

No comments: