Thursday, February 1, 2018

Delayed

Yesterday I found out the construction on the new apartment is a month behind schedule. We had been assured the move in date would be March 1st or before. This was particularly unsettling because our lease is up March 1st and we didn't renew, nor did we decide to go month to month. We sent the notice back that we would terminate. The property manager, who is a real nice person, contacted the landlady and presented our predicament. Thankfully she agreed to allow us to stay until the apartment is complete. She even agreed to refund any rent we don't use. We are very thankful for that.

Today was sunny with teeth, a saying my hubby told me before he immigrated. I thought it was cute. It was about 12 degrees around 6 this morning. The wind was howling. By noon it was 7. It seemed to stay at 7 for most of the day. Then I saw 9. Now it's down to 3. At least the wind isn't blowing.

My daughter sold her house, not sure if I mentioned that. She has been sad, because she put her heart and soul into that house. She bought it nearly 20 years ago. So many memories there. Next week she takes off work for a day to sign papers. It will be bittersweet for her. Once everything is complete, she and her hubby can begin building their new house together.

I was reading through some of my first blog. I love the memories yet I dread the memories, because they involve so many losses.

I will be happy when my hubby comes home from Kosovo.

No comments: