Saturday, December 30, 2017

How Does He Do That?

Yesterday was a real bad day. I don't know if it was because of the gloomy weather or the change in medication, but I was holding my daughter's picture and sobbing.

My phone rang. It was my hubby.

"What happened? Are you alright?"

"Yes", I answered. "I'm fine. Everything is ok. I'll text you when I see your work schedule for tomorrow."

I tried to pull myself together but it wasn't working. I posted on Facebook "Today is one of those days..." I wrote in the online support group. I cried some more.

Hubby called me three times from work, worried about me. He never calls me from work, or very rarely. How does he know?

Other than the tears, the only other news was my endo doc's nurse called. The doc switched my thyroid medicine to 88, because 75 was too low and 100 is too high. I also have a pill to take at 11 pm, whenever I'm sure I can get to the lab at 8 am the next morning. It's called Dexamethasone. It is a corticosteroid, similar to a natural hormone produced by the adrenal glands. It often is used to replace this chemical when the body does not make enough of it. In my case, it will be used to diagnose why my Cortisol level is elevated.

The sun is shining and I'm not crying. I'm feeling better. Hubby is off tomorrow and Monday. We always look forward to time spent together. Too bad it will be colder than snot.

Several of my Facebook friends are sick. I do hope they recover and feel better so they can ring in the New Year.

Best Wishes to Everyone and Happy New Year!


No comments: